Jaffa Gate

Jaffa Gate
Top of Jaffa Gate

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Is it Christmas?

We cleared customs yesterday with no problems, not even an opened box... just a few hours of time. We packed our little white van and brought the boxes home to open.  There is an excitement that comes with unpacking boxes, even though they haven't been packed very long, it's fun to take each item out and find a special place for it. IWe are making progress! Right now we wonder why we have a pile of "winter" clothes to find a place for, because that element hasn't been a part of Greece that we have experienced yet.  But I guess on those nippy mornings that we hear will come, those warm sweaters will feel good...and I'm pretty excited to open the Miracle Whip for the next sandwich I make!






























Last night we walked to the water and sat in the Lobby Cafe's outdoor section right by the sea.  It was calm and serene.  Mike had an iced coffee and I had iced chocolate...sooo yummy!  Later we had a salad supper at the taverna.  The tomatoes right now are simply wonderful and the greek salads are full of them. The salads are big and meant to be shared, but we each order one and that is our whole meal.


Did I mention earlier that I love the crunchy toasted bread sprinkled with olive oil and lightly with salt!!!
Mike is in love with feta cheese, he's really happy when they put an extra thick slab on his salad.










An ongoing challenge is outlets. The plugs here are round and take up a lot of space.  There are always unsightly cords and plugs everywhere, especially since some things also need adapters and/or transformers which are larger boxes that take up more space!  It seems there is no easy, neat way to utilize the electronics we are so accustomed to using. Fortunately there were some things left here that had been purchased locally, like a hair dryer and small appliances that don't need adapters, just plugs in the right place!

3 comments:

  1. Beth, I laughed when I read about you unpacking your winter clothes . . . The first night I was at the Artemis we all woke up to a blizzard! Yes we did. It was April! And we didn't have winter coats with us. Didn't stop up from our travels, though.

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, I'm sure glad we will be prepared for a blizzard!!! I am expecting all this marble to be pretty cold...even though cold is hard to imagine with the glorious weather we are having.

    ReplyDelete